Think about a time when you made a claim or gave an opinion, but someone asked you, “Why?” or “How do you know?” Describe the situation. What evidence did you use to support your point, and why is explaining your evidence just as important as providing it?

 Prompt Response: One time, my friend and I were trying to decide on the best movie to watch, and I told her that the first movie in the series was definitely the best one. Right away she said, "That's not true". To support my claim, I brought up specific evidence. For example, how the original felt nostalgic, how it introduced all the best characters, and showed her the ratings online from movie critics. Explaining my evidence was just as important as giving it because just giving facts isn't always enough to convince someone. Explaining how the points proved my argument helped my friend understand from my perspective. 

Summary: I was absent today in class. I heard that we read a short story and discussed it. 

Reflection: I was absent today in class.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Prompt: After reviewing the feedback on your argument essay, identify one thing you did well and one area you need to improve. Explain what you will do differently the next time you write an AP Lang argument essay.

Today, we learned how writers create a clear line of reasoning by connecting a claim, evidence, commentary, and conclusion. Which part of building an argument is most challenging for you, and why?