Today, we learned how writers create a clear line of reasoning by connecting a claim, evidence, commentary, and conclusion. Which part of building an argument is most challenging for you, and why?
Prompt Response: The part of the argument that is the most challenging for me is the commentary on the evidence. I have trouble explaining how my explanations of the evidence relate back to my position. I also need to practice being more specific in my evidence and making sure it directly supports my claim. My commentary should be at least three sentences, but I sometimes have trouble coming up with three. I think that the commentary is challenging for me because I feel like I am being repetitive when I try to explain my evidence.
Summary: Today in class we learned about creating a line of reasoning and practice ordering an argument so that it made sense. We then received an unpopular opinion and had to create an argument to defend or refute it.
Reflection: This will help me logically order my arguments using a line of reasoning. Defending the unpopular opinion helped me explain exactly why and how my evidence relates back to my claim.
Comments
Post a Comment