Describe one thing that makes you different from other people.

 Prompt Response: What sets me apart from most people is how deeply I feel things. If a friend is stressed, angry, or excited I react to that as if it were happening to me. This is not a choice or kindness but an automatic reaction. Because of this, social environments take a lot of energy out of me. I think this is why I love movies, because I can put myself in the character's situation and truly understand what they are going through. Sometimes this is a negative thing though. For example, if a friend is sad then there is no way for me to make them feel better because I will feel the same way they do.

Summary: Today in class we took a quiz of 10 multiple choice questions and 1 free response on AP Classroom. 

Reflection: I learned from this quiz how to read passages thoroughly and analyze them to find their claim. I also learned how to find what certain sentences contribute to the meaning of the passages. I can use this knowledge to improve my writing by making sure everything I am saying contributes to my claim. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Prompt: After reviewing the feedback on your argument essay, identify one thing you did well and one area you need to improve. Explain what you will do differently the next time you write an AP Lang argument essay.

Today, we learned how writers create a clear line of reasoning by connecting a claim, evidence, commentary, and conclusion. Which part of building an argument is most challenging for you, and why?

Think about a time when you made a claim or gave an opinion, but someone asked you, “Why?” or “How do you know?” Describe the situation. What evidence did you use to support your point, and why is explaining your evidence just as important as providing it?