Think about the word or phrase you find yourself using the most right now. What is it, what does it mean, and why has it become part of your everyday vocabulary? Explain when you typically use it and what your choice of this word or phrase might reveal about you.

 Prompt Response: A phrase I find myself constantly using is "I don't know." This phrase indicates that a person lacks information or certainty about a topic. It has become a part of my everyday vocabulary because it is sometimes an easy way out of a conversation or I just don't have the knowledge. Over time relying on this phrase, it has become an automatic response for me that prevents deeper engagement sometimes. I typically use this phrase when I need to make a hard decision. This shows that I am a very indecisive person so I use this phrase as a crutch. 

Summary: Today in class we copied down fifteen vocabulary words and then completed 3 exercises using those words. 

Reflection: This will help me improve my communication skills by giving me more precise words too express my thoughts and help with comprehending complex texts.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Prompt: After reviewing the feedback on your argument essay, identify one thing you did well and one area you need to improve. Explain what you will do differently the next time you write an AP Lang argument essay.

Today, we learned how writers create a clear line of reasoning by connecting a claim, evidence, commentary, and conclusion. Which part of building an argument is most challenging for you, and why?

Think about a time when you made a claim or gave an opinion, but someone asked you, “Why?” or “How do you know?” Describe the situation. What evidence did you use to support your point, and why is explaining your evidence just as important as providing it?