Which learning method do you enjoy the most? Class discussions, worksheet work, or hands-on activities. Select one and tell why.

Prompt Response: I enjoy hands-on activities the most because getting to actually build or test things makes the lessons more interesting and memorable. Instead of just reading a textbook or filling out a paper, doing experiments and physical projects helps me understand how things really work. I remember information much better when I can touch and see what I am learning about, and it makes my whole day more fun and exciting. It also keeps me focused because I am actively participating instead of just sitting back and listening. 

Summary: Today in class, we received another practice free response question and created 5 claims to support our position on the topic of owning objects, and then used evidence to defend our claims.

Reflection:  Working through the practice prompt showed me how important it is to match each point with clear reasoning so my position stays logical and convincing. I can use this skill whenever I write timed essays or need to build a persuasive case in class discussions.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Prompt: After reviewing the feedback on your argument essay, identify one thing you did well and one area you need to improve. Explain what you will do differently the next time you write an AP Lang argument essay.

Today, we learned how writers create a clear line of reasoning by connecting a claim, evidence, commentary, and conclusion. Which part of building an argument is most challenging for you, and why?

Think about a time when you made a claim or gave an opinion, but someone asked you, “Why?” or “How do you know?” Describe the situation. What evidence did you use to support your point, and why is explaining your evidence just as important as providing it?