Prompt: Some students look at a rubric only after receiving their grade, while others use it as a guide while completing the assignment. Which approach do you usually take? After reviewing the AP Lang Argument Essay rubric today, explain how you could use the rubric as a roadmap to improve your argument writing.
Prompt Response: I usually review a rubric before and while I write an assignment rather than waiting until after I get my grade, which keeps me from guessing what the teacher wants and stops me from wasting time on details that don't earn points. After reviewing the AP Lang argument essay rubric, I can use it as a roadmap to plan, write, and check my essay by following its structure. First, I can use the thesis section to make sure I state a clear position in my opening paragraph. Next, I can use the evidence and commentary section as a checklist for my body paragraphs to make sure I don't just list the facts. Finally, the rubric reminds me to push for the sophistication point by showing deeper thought.
Summary: Today in class, we took some notes on the aspects of argumentative essays and looked at a past prompt from the AP Lang exam. We then brainstormed ideas for our position on the prompt.
Reflection: This helps me organize my thoughts and build a stronger, more logical claim. Planning early ensures my evidence supports my main point instead of getting lost as I write.
Comments
Post a Comment