Select the vocabulary word from today that you think will be most useful to you in the future. Explain what the word means in your own words and describe a situation in which you could realistically use it.
Prompt Response: The word archaic will be the most useful to me in the future. This word means old-fashioned or not current. I could realistically use this word in many situations, including when I run into a rule, system, or technology that hasn't been updated in years. For example, if I'm dealing with a process that relies on slow tools, I could say that relying on such an archaic system slows everyone down and makes tasks much harder than they need to be.
Summary: Today in class, we copied down vocab words, made up example sentences for the words, and completed a multiple choice exercise.
Reflection: This helped me understand how to apply these new vocabulary words rather than just memorizing them. Working through the multiple choice exercise was a great way to test my recall and see how the words fit into different contexts.
Comments
Post a Comment