Think about a time when you completed an assignment without fully understanding what the teacher was looking for. How might knowing the “ins and outs” of a rubric change the way you approach an assignment? Connect your experience to what you learned today about the AP Lang Argument Essay rubric.
Prompt Response: When I was younger, I once wrote a story for a class that I thought was amazing. I put in lots of detail and worked really hard on it. But when I got my paper back, the grade was lower than I expected. My teacher said I forgot to answer the main prompt question. If I had known the exact rubric rules back then, my work would have been completely different. Today, learning about the AP Lang rubric showed me how much clarity helps. The AP essay gives points for very specific things. First, you need a clear claim that answers the prompt directly. Next, you need strong evidence and clear explanation that connect the facts back to your main point. Finally, you can earn a point for showing deeper analysis. Now that I know how the scoring works, I will not just sit down and write whatever comes to mind first. Before writing, I will check off the rubric requirements.
Summary: Today in class, we reviewed our peers' suggestions for our essays and made any necessary revisions.
Reflection: Receiving feedback from my peers helps me see my writing through someone else's eyes and catch mistakes I missed. Using their suggestions to revise my work teaches me how to make my arguments clearer and stronger.
Comments
Post a Comment