Think about your practice with the “So What?” method today. What is one thing you understand about commentary now that you did not fully understand before? How will you apply it when writing your next AP Lang argument?

 Prompt response: Before, I would accidentally use commentary by just repeating what happened in my evidence or summarizing the facts. Now I understand that commentary connects my proof directly to my main point by showing why it matters. Next time I write an AP Lang argument, I will stop and ask myself, "so what?" after every example so I can explain the big picture instead of just telling a story. 

Summary: Today in class, we worked on a packet where we received a claim and evidence and had to create commentary for it. 

Reflection: Writing commentary forces me to dig deeper into my own thoughts instead of relying on someone else's words. It teaches me how to make a really convincing argument that only I could write.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Prompt: After reviewing the feedback on your argument essay, identify one thing you did well and one area you need to improve. Explain what you will do differently the next time you write an AP Lang argument essay.

Today, we learned how writers create a clear line of reasoning by connecting a claim, evidence, commentary, and conclusion. Which part of building an argument is most challenging for you, and why?

Think about a time when you made a claim or gave an opinion, but someone asked you, “Why?” or “How do you know?” Describe the situation. What evidence did you use to support your point, and why is explaining your evidence just as important as providing it?