Today, you had the opportunity to read your classmates’ writing. What was it like seeing how other people in the class think and express their ideas? What did you notice or find interesting about reading different perspectives and approaches?
Prompt Response: It was very interesting to see my classmates views on different topics. For the most part, I agreed with their opinions. On certain topics however, I completely disagreed. Although, even if I did not share their opinion it was intriguing to see how they defended their position. I noticed that some groups essays had different tones and styles. It was beneficial to me by showing how many perspectives there can be on a topic.
Summary: Today we peer reviewed essays. My group evaluated the commentary on the evidence.
Reflection: This teaches me that strong essays need explicit analysis not just facts to successfully connect evidence to the claim. It is easier to see weak connections in someone else's writing than your own. This objective viewpoint helped me to review my own work more carefully.
Comments
Post a Comment