Write about a fear you have overcome.

 Prompt Response: One fear that I have overcome is my fear of heights. When I was younger I was terrified of heights but all my friends loved to do activities like rope courses and go on roller coasters. I would force myself to do these activities with them because I didn't want to seem like I wasn't "cool" or not be able to hang out with my friends. I remember one time my friend and I went to Stone Mountain and she really wanted to go on the high ropes course. I agreed because I wanted her to have fun. The whole time I was on the course I was terrified and had to talk myself into just taking the next step. As I have gotten older, I have been in so many situations that require me to be up high that I am used to it. I am no longer afraid of heights, I just don't enjoy them. I overcame this fear by forcing myself into situations that I did not want to be in. 

Summary: Today in class we reviewed our submissions in Writable and analyzed the mistakes. 

Reflection: This will help my skills in explaining my evidence well and giving more specific details. These are the points I seemed to miss as seen on my feedback so I will have to work on that. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Prompt: After reviewing the feedback on your argument essay, identify one thing you did well and one area you need to improve. Explain what you will do differently the next time you write an AP Lang argument essay.

Today, we learned how writers create a clear line of reasoning by connecting a claim, evidence, commentary, and conclusion. Which part of building an argument is most challenging for you, and why?

Think about a time when you made a claim or gave an opinion, but someone asked you, “Why?” or “How do you know?” Describe the situation. What evidence did you use to support your point, and why is explaining your evidence just as important as providing it?